Quicktime 6.02 Color Problems?

Anthony

Registered
I recently received my brand new Dual G4/867 powermac with Radeon 9000 Pro... there were a number of system updates so I ran them all right away, one of which included the quicktime 6.02 update... so I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the update or with quicktime in general - but whenever I play movies (I've tried avi, qt, mpeg all with same results) the colors are very wrong - everything comes out in shades of purple. If I drag the window around, or minimize it, or right when I pause it, the colors "flash" to normal for a split second.. but then return the being purple. I've had a number of other weird quirks with this machine so far so I'm not really sure what is going on with it.. (I'll be posting separate threads for my other two problems). If anybody has any ideas or are also experiencing the same problem I'd appreciate hearing from you! Thanks!

Well even though nobody responded to this I went out and found a fix and figured I should update in case anybody else comes across the same problem.. there was an article in the apple knowledge base that described the problem exactly for G4 Powermac w/Mirror drive door users where movies played tinted either purple or green... the fix: Install OS 10.2.2 - so if you're having this same trouble just run system update... cleared the problem up for me.

Back