Recommended Reading!

ex2bot

Registered Bot
I highly recommend three books on Mac OS X by O'Reilly:

_Mac OS X: The Missing Manual_ by David Pogue - This is a very well written text especially for beginners to experts who are new to OS X.

_Mac OS X Hints_ by Rob Griffiths (who runs the website) - This one is kind of a successor to Pogue's book. It offers lots of interesting tips on just about all aspects of running an OS X machine. For intermediate to expert users.

_Mac OS X Hacks_ by Rael Dornfest and Kevin Hemenway - The most intriguing of the three for me, Hacks is intended for intermediate to expert users, with much more for the expert user. Cool stuff!

Doug

P.S. Macworld's recently released special issue on "the digital hub" with DVD, is very impressive and recommended if you are interested in movies, digital photography, and / or music.
** Edit: By the way, the DVD has a boatload of freeware and shareware files, and it even has a few full apps. **

I own a copy of the The Missing Manual. I got it the same day as my eMac. For the most part it's really good to get you started but I often found it doesn't give you all the info you may need on some things.

Before I bought The Missing Manual, I felt really uncomfortable with OS X. After I learned all those keyboard shortcuts and "hidden" features (hidden to me anyway), I realized just how complete and well designed the operating system was.

Of course, the real fun begins with Mac OS X Hacks!

Doug

I have all three books. Very good, just at different levels.

They also have a "switchers guide" now. would be a good gift for a new Mac owner.:D

Back