Returing a lost iPod

eric2006

iMovie Professional
Earlier today, I found a month-old, black 30gb iPod video. It had rained earlier, but everything worked fine after I opened it up and dried it off. If it's yours, just send me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Kidding!

I'd like to return it to the owner. I called Apple, but they said that they couldn't give me the owner's info or mail it to him. I posted it on the local cragslist, asking for a description of the iPod along with some unique albums, etc. What else should I be doing?

Advertise it somewhere maybe? Its superb your being that honest. Plus... You dried it out!

What a nice man :D

(Try looking in the contacts, maybe they have a couple, call them and ask if they have a friend that has lost an iPod)

In the future, iPods will replace lost puppies.

"Yeah, Fido was a good dog and all..... but now he plays the greatest hits of ELO."

Are there any music tracks that would be purchased from the music store? Those files would have at least the user's name and email address / itms account details if you look at file info for those files.
Or if there is addressbook etc files or notes stored on the ipod, maybe htere is somehting like Mum, Dad, Wife/Hubby, Lover etc phone number or email address stored in it.

Are there any music tracks that would be purchased from the music store? Those files would have at least the user's name and email address / itms account details if you look at file info for those files.
Or if there is addressbook etc files or notes stored on the ipod, maybe htere is somehting like Mum, Dad, Wife/Hubby, Lover etc phone number or email address stored in it.

That's true. There could be a lot of information in that iPod.

That's not to say it's perfectly okay to go through somebody's personal files, but you obviously have the heart to do it for the good.

how about some photos with copyright info embedded? Or photos of local spots you might recognize?

Oh yeah, good for you trying to return it. People like you restore my faith in humanity!

Yes, Nice idea.

I already suggested that. :p

Oh, Oh, Charlie has an idea. Whats lazerd on the back?

Back