Roxio Toast 8: download or buy CD?

tigrr

Registered
I want to buy Roxio's Toast 8 software, but I'm not sure if I should go for the download or a physical CD. The former will be the cheapest and I assume I'll receive it right away.

- apart from Toast on a CD, what does the "physical" package contain? A paper-manual perhaps?
- is it possible to make a backup of the Toast installation? In other words, I'd like to keep a backup of the software in case my hard drive crashes etc.

Yes, with the boxed version, more than likely, you'll get a small paper manual along with a box and a CD... that's probably about it.

Yes, you can make a backup copy of the downloadable version of Toast for re-installation later. Simply burn it to a CD, copy it to a flash drive, make a copy of it on another internal hard drive, copy it to another computer on the network, or copy it to an external hard drive... whatever floats your boat. Some may argue that this is unnecessary, since you can always return to the Roxio website and download Toast again, freely, as many times as you want.

Yes, you're probably right. What I do need to keep track of is the unlocking code.
I always prefer paper manuals to read, but if it's no more than a leaflet or brochure kind of thing, and a "proper" manual as a PDF file on the CD I might as well just download the thing. Anyone know if the manual is worth having?

NOBODY reads manuals unless they get into a lot of trouble.

Toast is pretty much self-explainatory.

Back