Safari Skins/Themes for Panther: Where Do I Go?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I'm running 10.3.9 (Panther) on my iBook with Safari 1.3.2. I'm looking for Safari skins/themes (NOT just icon replacement) to change the entire UI of Safari. Could someone please direct me to some sites/links with some attractive skins/themes? Thanks so much!

bobw said:
OK, this is part of what's on that link. Where are the SAFARI themes? I see nothing mentioned about Safari...

DVD3 Themes 1.0
Plug-in themes for iDVD3 info Commercial 09/16/2003 unrated 3,284
ShapeShifter 2.3
haxie to change OS X interface via themes 6.1M Shareware 02/22/2006 3,141
Pro Color Series 2 Rapidweaver 3.2 Theme 1.0
CSS theme Info Commercial 11/10/2005 3,122
RapidWeaver Themes 28.1
themes from rapidweaverthemes.com info Commercial 10/28/2005 2,945
RapidWeaver Theme Park 5.0
theme packs for RapidWeaver info Shareware 09/16/2004 2,911
Polythema 1.0.1
theme viewer for SonyEricsson .htm files 66k Shareware 10/25/2004 2,686
Keynote Theme Grabber 2.0
copy images from Keynote themes & templates 1.3M Freeware 03/11/2005 2,646
RapidWeaver Flash Themes 18
RapidWeaver flash themes info Commercial 07/19/2005 2,283
XiAP Themes 1.1
ShapeShifter themes list Freeware 06/02/2004 unrated 2,014
Iridium 1.7.2
themes for Tiger and Panther 3.2M Freeware 02/14/2006 1,976
Theme Fur 1.6
Convert themes to work with Jaguar 95k Freeware 12/20/2002 1,917
Rapidweaver 3.1 Pro Color Themes 3-Pak 1.0
CSS themes info Commercial 06/24/2005 1,830
RapidWeaver Flash Theme Urban 1.1
rapidweaver theme list Freeware 01/23/2006 unrated 1,763
RapidWeaverThemes 15
Rapid Weaver theme megapack info Commercial 10/14/2005 1,481
Minimal Colors 1.0
Rapidweaver 3.2 css styled minimalistic theme info Commercial 10/14/2005 unrated 1,160
Keynote Theme Park SuperSet 1 1.0
12 Additional Themes for Apple's Keynote presentation application info Commercial 01/01/2004 unrated 1,134
ULTIMA COLOR Rapidweaver Themes 7-Pak 1.0
CSS Theme Pak info Shareware 08/17/2005 unrated 1,007

Anyone have any links for SAFARI SKINS??? I have no idea what all those themes are, but the word "Safari" is not mentioned anywhere. LOL

EDIT: I should tell you that I do NOT have ShapeShifter, nor do I intended on buying it.

The short answer is that none of Apple's applications support "skinning." All skins are either icon/nib file replacements (simply replacing the actual graphics that a program uses to display itself), or hacks.

Just about your only option is to "skin" your entire system using ShapeShifter or a similar program. I know of no free skinning applications.

eric2006 said:
You might want to try Firefox, it supports themes..

www.getfirefox.com
I already have Firefox. And Camino. Thing is, Firefox's UI is already purdy! But I'll take a look at the themes, anyway. Do you have a link for some good Firefox (or Camino) themes?

basically, i think the problem lies in the fact you want something that doesn't exist, i'm afraid. you can 'skin' the entire OS, or replace very tiny parts of it, but not just the erntire look of just one program. sorry, m'dear...

Oh, man ... I'm in heaven! Thanks for reminding me that Firefox supports all kinds of themes/skins! I'd totally forgotten about that. I went to the Firefox (Mozilla) Web site and, hoo boy, am I having fun! I just downloaded Metal Lion. Gorgeous theme with SO MANY options and customizable preferences. Gonna go back and get some more... LOL

Lt Major Burns said:
basically, i think the problem lies in the fact you want something that doesn't exist, i'm afraid. you can 'skin' the entire OS, or replace very tiny parts of it, but not just the erntire look of just one program. sorry, m'dear...
You're wrong. See my previous post. LOL :D

Amie said:
I already have Firefox. And Camino. Thing is, Firefox's UI is already purdy! But I'll take a look at the themes, anyway. Do you have a link for some good Firefox (or Camino) themes?
Well, on my Linux (Fedora) laptop, I have Firefox.

I use the safari theme :)

Lt Major Burns said:
?? that's firefox! it's a specific application feature! ;) :rolleyes:
Exactly. THAT'S what I was asking for in the first place--app skins! I said nothing about changing Mac OS's entire UI. So don't you roll your eyes at ME, mister! ;)

Amie said:
Exactly. THAT'S what I was asking for in the first place--app skins! I said nothing about changing Mac OS's entire UI. So don't you roll your eyes at ME, mister! ;)

yes! you said you wanted to change a specific app, not the whole UI. i said this wasn't supported system wide, and so safari isn't skinnable unless someones really tried hard to subvert macos. which, to be fair, is true!
then you said firefox did it, which is ok, because firefox has been written to support skinning, safari hasn't...

so... i was right! :D

oh wait i'm drunk.

Back