Safari's "syndication-agent" wants to impose "new" settings

alexandr

kosmonaut
Safari suddenly crashed and after relaunch it is conctantly trying to impose, or get me to impose so-called "new settings". several small windows comes up with the yellow warning-icon and the following message;

Syndication Agent - New Settings

New settings have been created for this application. Do you wish to use theese settings from now on?

yes or no

sometime it is the Sync Server who announces theese settings, sometimes it is just "New Settings"

i haven't been fiddeling around with safari-prefs, nor have i done anything else which should cause any errors lately.

any ides on how to make theese go away. choosing yes or no doesn't make a difference it seems. the same window pop ups again some time later.

scary, cause it somewhat behaves like a wintel virus would. but i know it is no virus, but still very annoying.

alex.

Since app crashes are sometimes caused by corrupted preferences, Tiger does this to see if it fixes the crash with a new pref file. I don't think you can turn it off but if using the new prefs fixes the crash then I think it's supposed to go away.

I haven't experienced it yet so this is just based of what I've read.

When Safari crashes and you get the screen asking if you'd like to Cancel, Restart Safari or Submit a Report (or whatever they are), hit Cancel and then relaunch Safari.

If you click "Relaunch" and Safari crashes again, then that dialog box will change and it'll ask you if you want to relaunch Safari with a default set of preferences (meaning create a new preference file). That's probably what happened.

Back