Samsung ML4500

sunstorm

Registered
Hi

I recently purchased a panasonic kxp-7100 laser printer which refused flat out to print from my ibook when connected to a network through either a print server or a windows machine, or even connected directly to the ibook. I am going to take it back to the store for a refund but i desperatly need a laser printer fast (damn college work).

Has anyone had any expierence with the Samsung ML4500 and mac's? I am fairly sure that it will work connected via usb, but i would prefer for it to be connected to the network for others to use.

Thanks in advance
Dave

I can't be sure that the ML-4500 works through USB, but I got the printer working through a router.

On the router, you set it up at 192.168.0.1 ip, using an lp queue and then install the Samsung GDI drivers found on a third-party web site (search Samsung GDI Mac OS X on google.com and you'll find the site, it also has the CUPS update to make it work)

For USB it can't be much different. You'd need the same drivers, but you'd install it through USB instead of using an IP. Of course, the lp queue will probably still be an important setting.

Thanks alot for your reply, i have a dlink dp-300 print server which should handle it if your router did. I can also get the printer at the same shop im going to take the other one too tomorrow.

Thanks again

I have it and it is working via USB on my Imac. It is a great little printer for the price. You have to download the driver from Samsung's website though. The OS X driver is not included on the disc in the box.

Back