SCSI CD-RW Not Recognized For Writing

RHITMacMan

Registered
I'm once again having a problem with my Plextor SCSI CD-RW drive. With versions up to 10.1.3, I had to use the El Gato SCSI Helper. After 10.1.3, the problem in MacOS X was fixed and I no longer needed the SCSI helper extension. I have never been able to burn CDs with iTunes or via any Apple provided application.

Since none of the Apple apps will write a CD, I have been using Toast to create CDs. Now that I have installed OS 10.2, Toast no longer recognizes my SCSI burner again. I even tried installing the El Gato SCSI Helper again, but no cigar. The Finder will still recognize the drive and mount CDs for reading, just not for writing.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get my SCSI CD-RW working again?

Nope, tried it and Toast still didn't see my drive. Here's an interesting picture from Disk Utility. Apparently, my Plextor Drive burns 8 TB discs. I guess I got a damn good deal.

plextorsize.jpg

Doing some more research... I guess the system profiler also only recognizes my CD-RW drive as a CD-ROM drive. I guess that 8 TB drive is actually 10 or 11 TB though.

plextorap.jpg

10.2 doesnt recognize my SCSI CD-RW either (a yamaha one), nor does ti recognize my SCSI zip 100 :mad:

I had SCSI helper with 10.0.x which helped things along, now nothing :mad:

Back