Share iTunes library

Kristjan

Different, I think...
Is it posible for me and my girlfriend to share the same iTunes library between two different account? I want the songs I ad to show up in her iTunes, and vice versa. Possible?

I think the only way for this to happen would be to share the itunes library of one account between the other by setting symbolic links from one to the next account. and setting the permissions so that you're able to read and write the files.

What version of itunes are you using?

you should be able to set the permissions of /users/yourusername/music/itunes
to be readable and writable to anybody on your machine then rename the /users/girlfriendsusername/music/itunes folder and then create a symbolic link from your itunes folder in the /users/girlfriendsusername/music/ folder named itunes.

I did try this on my machine and it does seem to work properly

I thought sharing iTunes Libraries would be possible using Rendezvous? Did i miss something?

Originally posted by symphonix
Simply make a music folder in /Users/Shared, and put the songs there.

That would work although he is also wanting to use the same playlists as well as access to the mp3's.

Originally posted by Dradts
I thought sharing iTunes Libraries would be possible using Rendezvous? Did i miss something?

Sharing iTunes libraries will be enabled in future versions, and it will only add the mp3's from other computers in the area, not on your local machine.

Back