Sharing web connection (WinXP to OS9)

PsychoSync

Registered
Hi!

First of all, i'm not good at networking stuff... Ok, I want to share my internet connection with my iMac 233 revB.

I use my network card (nForce3 on board) to connect, and i have a second net card (D-link dfe-538tx) that has internet connection sharing enabled. It works, i tried it once with a laptop, it worked on the iMac too with Mac OS 9.1, now i upgraded to 9.2.2 and it doesn't work anymore.

When it worked on OS9.1, i just pluged the cable, went into tcp/ip, it was on DHCP setting, closed the window and it was working, but if i have to set it manually, i don't know what to insert as IP address, subnet mask, router address, name server addr.

help me please

yes, tcp/ip is set to dhcp, it detcts ip address, subnet mask, router ect... but it doesn't seem to detect the right addresses because just about an hour ago, the connection worked, and i saw that the ip address subnet... wasn't the same. Now i just rebooted the mac and it does the same thing again, if i can make it work again, i will set it manually with the right settings.

I shure want to but like i said in my first post, im' not good at networking...
I have those 4 empty spaces i must fill, but don't know what numbers to put in.

let me see if i can figure out how to pull the info you need off your windows box so as to enter the correct info into the mac. i should have something by next week.

Back