Show us your ride!

German milit. shoes. Rangers. They rule.

rangers.jpg

SWEEET! I GOT A NEW CAR! check it out, fastest car ever made, it's amazing! 4wheel drive, and is built for safety... it's also a convertable! check it out, it shows me "rollin" in ma car

Attachments

• 74110_b_1.jpg
    74110_b_1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 54
Originally posted by gnubie
"Now that the Mitsu Lance Evo is coming to the US, I want to see what Subaru will do"

Subaru is coming out with the WRX STI later this year. Although no official specs are out if I remember correctly the engine is a 2.5 L ~300 HP V4 engine along with 17" wheels and stabilizers. I think the cost is gonna be about ~40K.

Well, I doubt it'll be anywhere near 40k - probably low 30's. But one thing I do know is that it won't be a V4. It'll be the same boxer engine design that the rest of the line uses. 2.5L sounds right.

But one thing I do know is that it won't be a V4. It'll be the same boxer engine design that the rest of the line uses. 2.5L sounds right. [/B]

Yeah. Does a V4 even exist? My favorite 6 cyls. aren't even V's!

I've never heard of a V4, just a BOXER 4, like an old VW engine. There may be a motorcycle V4 out there.

Oops, forgot a pic. I also have a 97 Ford Ranger. It is a great little truck but neither it nor any other internal combustion vehicle will ever inspire in me the passion and love that a bicycle can.

Attachments

• schwinn circuit.jpg
    schwinn circuit.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 20
haha. yeah well...now that I'm back at school..she just sits in my driveway collecting tree sap, she is quite abused now days...

I though I had posted this, must have forgot to submit it. I gotta get more sleep...:D

Both of my vehicles are in the pic:

1991 Volvo 744 Turbo SE, 4spd man +5th OD, 98,500 miles
1998 Chevy Blazer LT, 4wd, auto, 102,500 miles

Attachments

• 1212.jpg
    1212.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 38
Originally posted by gnubie
Yeah but it has a supercharger or a turbocharger so that's what gives it 300 hp from a four cylinder engine

No, I mean the 'V'4, as opposed to an inline 4. I never heard of a 4 cyl. in a V.

The Lancer Evo VI had 4 cyl. inline, 1997 cm3, turbo 8.8:1 for 280 hp

I never heard of a 4 cyl. in a V.

I think there was a Volkswagen engine that had a V5 configuration. And a French make (Citroen, Peugeot, I can't remember) that produced a V3 engine.
V4 turns up as motorcycle engine now and then, too. But I suspect the Subaru is an inline 4 (and a pretty cool one at that).

:D

Originally posted by symphonix
But I suspect the Subaru is an inline 4 (and a pretty cool one at that).

:D

The Scoobies use a horizontally-opposed 4... That is, the cylinders are laid on their side (horizontally), with 2 on each side (opposed). The design is also refered to as "boxer", and has turned up in older VW's and Porches over the years. They're also known as "flat-4"...

Here are the Subaru WRX specs:
ENGINE
Type Horizontally opposed 4-cylinder intercooled turbo with die-cast aluminum-alloy block and aluminum-alloy cylinder heads.
Displacement 2.0 liters (122 cubic inches)
Horsepower 227 @ 6000 rpm
Torque (lb.-ft.) 217 @ 4000 rpm
Valvetrain 16-valve with dual overhead camshaft design (DOHC).
Fuel System Sequential multi-port fuel injection system.
Ignition System Direct ignition system: platinum-tipped spark plugs
Engine Management ECM Engine Control Module manages fuel injection and ignition systems and features learning, self-diagnosis, limp-home and anti-knock capabilities.
Fuel Tank Capacity 15.9 gallons
2003 EPA Mileage Estimates (mpg, city/highway) 20/27 (manual transmission), 19/26 (automatic transmission)
CHASSIS
Body Construction Unitized with hydroformed front sub-frame and front and rear crumple zones. 70% of body sheet metal is two-sided galvanized. Aluminum-alloy hood.
Suspension Fully independent with coil springs and struts. Front: lower L-arms with liquid-filled rear bushings and stabilizer bar. Rear: parallel links and stabilizer bar. Sport-tuned suspension.
Brakes Power-assisted with dual diagonal hydraulic circuits and 4-channel/4-sensor anti-lock braking system (ABS). Front: 11.4-inch ventilated discs with twin-piston calipers. Rear: 10.3-inch discs.
Steering Rack-and-pinion with engine-speed-sensing variable power assist.
Turning Circle, Curb-to-Curb 35.4 feet
Wheels 16-inch aluminum-alloy.
Tires 205/55R16 89V all-season radials.
DRIVETRAIN
Manual Transmission (Standard) 5-speed manual with overdrive.
Automatic Transmission (Optional) 4-speed electronically controlled automatic with overdrive. Automatic power mode engages with rapid use of the accelerator pedal.
All-Wheel Drive (AWD) Full-time AWD system automatically distributes power between front and rear wheels based on traction needs. Manual transmission models have a viscous-coupling locking center differential. Automatic transmission models have Variable Torque Distribution (VTD). VTD utilizes a planetary center differential in conjunction with an electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch. WRX models have a viscous limited-slip rear differential.
DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase/Length 99.4/173.4
Width/Height 68.1/56.7
Track: Front/Rear 58.5/58.3
Headroom: Front/Rear 38.6/36.7
Legroom: Front/Rear 42.9/33.0
Curb Weight (pounds) (w/Manual Transmission) 3085
Curb Weight (pounds) (w/Automatic Transmission) 3140
EPA Interior Volume (cubic feet) 87.6
EPA Cargo Volume (cubic feet) 11.0 (trunk)
Maximum Towing Capacity (pounds)** 2000
**When properly equipped. See Owner's Manual for detailed instructions you should follow when towing a trailer.

Back