Simple Sound for OSX

whougonacall

Registered
I would like to know if there is software to record audio files on OSX, like simple sound on OS9?

I'm using the Tascam US-122 and dl the OSX drivers, I just would like to rcord some audio files which will be turned into MP3's via itunes later.

Another program is SoundStudio that came with osx. Also if you have garageband just use that.

I dont seem to have SoundStudio on my OS, the closes I have to that is Midi Setup, Had a search on Apple.com but couldn't find any info about SoundStudio.

Or search there directly for 'Amadeus'. Amadeus II 3.7.2 acts better than SoundStudio, it seems, which currently lacks 'play' support. I.e., in the current version, with an OS 10.3.6 or higher, you can't actually _play_ any sound (too bad, eh?) ;)

oops its even easier you just drag the wav file into the itune library and it plays straight through itune asif it were mp3, WOW, I'm impressed.

Whougonacall, in itunes 4.7 you can convert a selection to mp3. It works to convert an .aiff to .mp3. You may have to edit the preferences in itunes.

Back