Slideshow transitions on DVD Studio Pro

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
Hello,

I was creating a great DVD on DVD Studio Pro with pictures of lots of stuff, so I can create the DVD and send it to my family members. Now, what I did is that I imported, I dont know, almost 4000 pictures. I made cool menus, buttoms, and everything looks very nice, the DVD is awesome. Now, all of this took only 1200MB of the DVD total space of (4.3GB). but now, If I put in each slideshow a transition to the pictures, the amount of space will be more than 4.3GB. I cant even imagine how can I those transitions take sooooo much space.

Do you guys have any ideas? Is it normal, I think it is, but there is a way to make this not take toooo much space, since the DVD is only 4.3GB? Another thing, just for you to have an idea, with a slideshow of 100 photos, if I put a dissolve transition for instance, it will take more 140MB, for this single slideshow, and if I repeat this process to the other slideshows, the same transition will take another 140MB for each 100 photos, its a lot. Please help.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you so much for reading this,

I don't know if there's a workaround for this problem, but I do know that transitions are very big space hogs. The slideshows I've made are enormous when using transitions, not big at all if they are (bland!) and without. Maybe we have to pay a large price for cool!

Back