Software Update doesn't work correctly ...

anerki

Registered
In software update, it didn't ask me to update to iTunes 4, it won't even update my iTunes. I had to download it from the Apple website. Same goes for Quicktime 6.2, it doesn't show up on SU ... Safari didn't either ...

Anybody any idea why my SU doesn't work? I did move all my applications in seperate folders once but put them back now since a couple of weeks because Mac OS X 10.2.5 deleted my Address Book :rolleyes:
I have several inactive updates but that shouldn't matter right?

Any help would be appreciated ...
Grtz,
.anerki

Same here as far as SU is concerned and I haven't moved anything - I assumed it was because all the cool music stuff is for the US market and the rest of us aren't allowed to play. (I could understand it if it was just France, but I'm British, dammit and I want it NOW.) You can always just go and get it, but you won't be able to get any music using your own address, as I understand it.

Yea SU is way off. Give it a few days and it'll probably show up but if you don't wanna wait, go to apple.com

i've got exactly the same problems, and have had since 10.2.3

it wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that when i try to update manually from the apple site it tells me that i should use software update - and look at the help instructions if i'm not sure what to do!!!

it would be funny if it weren't apple...

also, as another brit, i completely agree with lyra :

"I assumed it was because all the cool music stuff is for the US market and the rest of us aren't allowed to play. (I could understand it if it was just France, but I'm British, dammit and I want it NOW.)"

is this going to be another iPhoto "create an album" farce for the rest of the world??? :confused:

Mine found the Safari update fine, but I am really pissed that it didn't fine iTunes or QT. I hate entering personal info again and again and again!

dlloyd you enter in personal info? If i have to, i make up stuff. Also bobw if it won't appear in SU then why does it keep telling us that we should use Software Update to stay informed once the download starts. I guess it's just a generic page but still.

You guys are looking for instant gratification. It takes Apple a few days to catch up on the SU function of OSX. Give it a rest!!

If it takes Apple a couple of days to update SU, then why do they never have any problems putting the OS updates and Security Updates there on time?

Back