Something Panther doesn't have, but Apple Stores do

Imagine

Registered
I went to an Apple store today looking to purchase a laptop computer for a family member, when I realized every computer in the store had something Panther doesn't. When I asked the sales folks, most didn't know, and one thought it was a script. I've uploaded a picture so that you know what I"m referring to.

Does anyone know how this is done, and is there a script or program that will do this?

Thanks
Dean

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 72
You sure it's not just a special background picture with four icons aligned? ;) ... Well, I guess it's a demo application. Isn't there something like that running in the Dock? I've never been to an original Apple Store, so I haven't seen it... Giaguara?

Yes. Each one of those icons will give you more information about parts of the Apple Store: sections, products, events, etc.

I've used it. It's definitely some customized application. In hindsight, I should have gone looking for it. It would have been fun to have. :D

Maybe next time I visit an Apple Store.

Seen it mentioned on another forujm. They provided a download of it. It's a proprietary app specifically for the Apple Store with no customization whatsoever so forget about using it at home.

Back