somthing like cooledit for mac

ashbradshaw

Graphic Designer
when i had my windows laptop (never going back to windows) i loved playing with cooledit, but as we all know its no longer with us...so whats out there for osx?

i want somthing just like cooledit but for my mac.,.,.,.

and no logic, cubase etc are not the same.,.,.,.,

been playing with the beta for some time.,.,.but its not out till (mid07)

so if there is any one who knows a (full) twin-like program to cool edit please let me know.......

guys i'm not being funny but i dont want a free one, i'll pay for one...just wanted some help finding one:

i know there are free ones
but i want a good one..

I haven't ever played with CoolEdit, but I've used Audacity on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. It's been great for me, so I don't understand what you mean about it not being good because it's free (or at least the implication of such). Surely this is subjective, but Audacity being free would hardly make it not-good. :confused:

I've paid for a fair amount of software that turned out to be crap.
There's some good apps out there, that happen to be free. That's a bonus, not a penalty!
Good shareware, which often allows you unlimited use even without purchasing a license, can be some of the best available. Try before you buy! Then compensate the author because of the value to you...

I've paid for a fair amount of software that turned out to be crap.
There's some good apps out there, that happen to be free. That's a bonus, not a penalty!
Good shareware, which often allows you unlimited use even without purchasing a license, can be some of the best available. Try before you buy! Then compensate the author because of the value to you...

I agree completely. Even with the open source stuff, a donation to the developer as a thank you for the product helps with development and also shows support. Just because it IS free, doesn't mean that you can't compensate for a job well done. At least you're not FORCED to pay for it and then end up with something that's not as good. Kind of like being swindled, no?

well i've been told...you all seem to make good sense, (sorry)

thinks i'm just a case of not giving new things a go...

Back