SonyE P900 & Mac OS X.

Just ordered a P900 (and 128mb MS Duo!! :D). Does anyone own one of these? I am curious really how it syncs with OS X. I assume iSync will be fine, but does the the Memory Stick mount to the Finder like my Sony Digi Cam's Memory Stick's do?

...Any info on OS X + P900 would be appreciated. :D

I have a P800 and it syncs iCal and Adress Book OK with iSync over BlueTooth.
The MemoryStick mounts in the Finder, I got an MS Duo -> MS adaptor with my P800 to get it to fit in my Sony MemoryStick reader.
I guess the P900 will work the same as it has basically the same Symbian system software as the P800.

Hmmm, thanks! I figured the whole iSync thing would be cool. Hmm, did your P800 come with some form of Desktop Charger type dock thing? USB Lead?!

*just curious*

Welcome to the family!!!! :D
I own a p800 and it is the best thing I have ever used (well.. the newton does not count :p)

The p800 does come with a desktop dock however I do not think that it charges. It is USB. I usually bluetooth for syncing information.

I have
1x16MB MS DUO (came with p800)
2x 128MB MS DUO
a couple of adapters from duo to regular memory stick and a reader on my mac.

Admiral

The desktop dock charges (when connected to the external charger) but it doesn't sync (last time I tried anyway). I have not tried connecting USB since upgrading to 10.3 though.

AdmiralAK said:
Welcome to the family!!!! :D
I own a p800 and it is the best thing I have ever used (well.. the newton does not count :p)

The p800 does come with a desktop dock however I do not think that it charges. It is USB. I usually bluetooth for syncing information.

I have
1x16MB MS DUO (came with p800)
2x 128MB MS DUO
a couple of adapters from duo to regular memory stick and a reader on my mac.

Admiral

HAHA! Thanks for the welcome, my wait for this has been timely. I had a T68i little over 12 months ago, but wanted to be on a contracted network - away from Pay As You Go. I chose to sell my T68i and buy a Nokia 7210 + Detachable Camera. BIGGEST mistake i ever made. The radio on the 7210 is nice, so is the 4096 colours, as opposed to 256 - Oh and the ability to SMS QUICK! But that is SIMPLY it, I've hated this fone for the past 11 months, and its 1yr contract is up on the 23rd. :D In the meantime i've drooled over P800's, saw P900 on the horizon, and even drooled over a T68i *sigh*. Hopefully now my drooling is put to bed, and i can begin enjoying being somewhat of a gadget freak once more!?

Thanks for the info Admiral, i posted a message somewhere else, with regard to the USB thing, and they did quote that the USB Cable that interconnects PC and Phone via Cradle does allow MS Duo access, which is nice. However I am still unsure as to how this works on Panther, does it mount as a removable volume like my Sony Cam's Stick does?! - Can you ask me that?

Oh, and as you love the P800 so much, tell me about the beauties of it - if you got the time! :D

Peace, and thanks! :)

Oh, and I bought a 128Mb MS Duo via some seller on eBay for just under 40GBP, which seems a good price. All i think i need now is a Bluetooth adapter. I did see many of those on eBay, far cheaper than the D-Link one on the Apple Store, but they seem muc more Vanilla (if you get my lingo?) than the D-Link one, and tend to not quote OS X as supported. However a educated guess would tell me they're little different, and would work fine. I've had one person tell me they should be fine, but one or two people agreeing would convince me. ;) anyone have a 'vanilla' / Cheapo Bluetooth Adapter working In Panther?!

Ok, it came 2day! :D *really pleased*

Got bluetooth working, 128Mb Duo ... its all good. Only problem i am having so far, is iSync... :( Anyone have issues with P900 + iSync? It's synced once or twice... but its not as nice as it should be.

I am another new P900 owner. Can someone give me some quick pointers to help link it to the Mac OS X (I run 10.2.8 on a PowerBook G4 and 10.3.2 on a G5).

I have the latest versions of iSync, iCal and AddressBook and have the data in them ready to go.

I (ambitiously) plugged in the USB cable to my PowerBook hoping that the MemoryStick would magically appear on the desktop, just like my Sony camera. But it did not.

I ran iSync - add device, hoping that the P900 would appear alongside .Mac, but it said that it could not detect any devices. Can I make it check the USB port or does a USB option not exist for the P900?

What do I need?

Must I use Bluetooth for iSync to work or can I use the USB cradle that came with the P900?

Must I use Bluetooth for iSync to work or can I use the USB cradle that came with the P900? (I have a bluetooth device for my Mac but have not used it yet.)

Must I remove the Memory Stick and access it through an external Memory Stick reader? (I don't have one but I could go shopping - what one would you recommed?)

Is there any font of wisdom or documentation that explains how to best link a Mac and a P900 / P800?

All advice gratefully received...

Regards
Peter

Hey Peter... I've had mine about a week now.

Firstly, I don't believe Sony Ericsson have any drivers to make our Mac's work the Cradle. So that option isn't available, unless you fancy VPC? :p

Secondly - bluetooth. You GOT TO do it man, its really nice. I had issues with iSync and my P900, up until the 1.5 Bluetooth update from last week, since then its synced everytime. The integrated bluetooth control panel and 'Bluetooth File Exchange' are REALLY nice and simple. I tried setting Bluetooth up on a an XP machine on saturday, by contrast, it really was a nightmare.

Thirdly, Memory Stick access. For me, i've been beaming files < 5mb via bluetooth, its not too bad, typically in close range its 25kb/sec, so its not bad. Larger files, for the moment, i've been using the Memory Stick adapter, and popping it in my Camera, i too need a Media Reader.

Hope that helps mate, Bluetooth it seems, is the key! :D

If you get a media reader, and it turns good, please, let me know, because i need one too!

Peace

Back