Star Trek

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
Why oh why did they get rid of it?
Uh, the bidding "Starts at: US $80,000.00" perhaps? Or why did Paramount get rid of it? Come on, it's a naugahyde cover... blech. ;)

I say, that's a joke! You're supposed to laugh, son!

at that price i would guess William Shatner won't be taking it home as a keepsake:p

no doubt some dotcom millionaire will end up with it.

so what does the original series star trek have as a signiture that none of the others have faithfully replicated?

Shatner would have no problem with $80k, Ed. Remember the priceline.com commercials?

Gotta say he is by far my favorite ham. And if I can mention the records he's made, notably his version of Tangerine Man.
That has me on the floor every time.
:p

uh, doing priceline.com commercials is my reasoning behind why he won't get it:D (would you do commercials like those if you didn't need the money?:p )

Didn't he get bunch of PL stocks for those ads? HEHE... He's probably hurting for money now considering how poorly online stocks are doing these days.

lol :)

I'm sorry you don't see the humor that I do in those commercials Ed, but don't be fooled in thinking talent such as Shatner is cheap. Specially for an award winning, syndicated and popular string of commercials that hit television, radio, and print. It was pretty lucrative I think.
:D

oh, i thought they were hilarious. but it is hard for me to imagine they were award winning. and actors in general don't do commercials unless they need the bucks. i would guess that he has some pretty big bills with the lifestyle that star trek accustomed him to. and his next set of commercials might be a ways away. ;)

He probably hated it anyway. If it looks that cool, it must be uncomfortable:p

sure, i'll give him credit for acting. the movies were pretty good.;)

so once again, what does the original series star trek have as a signiture that none of the others have faithfully replicated?

Didn't Shatner star in a police detective show or something many years ago that flopped? As for actors and actresses needing money, I don't see Leonard Nimoy on TV commercials or dramas. I think I heard that Shatner lives the high life.

I think that's TJ Hooker chem. But I've never watched it. hehe.
I didn't realize till I looked at his list of credits, how much work he's actually done. He's managed 2-3 films a year after '70. Not too shabby.

I still think he can afford the chair. :D

I think he could afford it too. But, does he want it? I think he sat in that chair for 3 years. Some lucky people get to sit in a chair only once (http://www.theelectricchair.com/closeups.htm). :)

Have any of you gone to a Star Trek Convention? I've met George Takai, Deforest Kelly, and James Doohan. All very nice people. I even met a politician at one of the conventions. This guy was a true Trekkie. I've never gotten dressed up in a costume at one of these conventions, or anywhere else, but I do have a standard issue Star Fleet communicator.

Back