starcraft doesnt install with 10.3?

fbp_

captain obvious
Im getting an error of "Couldn't open installer archive. You must run the installer on the Starcraft CD."

the only problem is I AM running it off the cd. I hate things that need classic to install...

has anyone else had this problem or should I start looking for some specific problem on my end?

I'm guessing, so don't kill me if this turns out wrong but:

Maybe you have to install it booted from OS 9 instead of through Classic? That's what sounds like could be the problem to me.

Good luck!

I installed StarCraft this week again, and it does not install in the Classic environment. I had to boot into OS 9. I'm not sure, but I *think* I saw a special installer file on the Blizzard HomePage concerning that problem. But I'm not sure.

You might want to check out the "Patches" Department at Blizzards HP. :)

yes there is a special installer that fixes that problem when installing from OS X, but you still need to have the classic environment installed at least. there is no native OS X installer for starcraft.

thanks for the help, the blizzard installer does the trick. its great that they still support starcraft after all these years

fbp_ said:
thanks for the help, the blizzard installer does the trick. its great that they still support starcraft after all these years

Careful. That game is like an addicting drug. I played it for 6 years and just recently (2 months) stopped.

Just some words to the wise.

I spoke too soon...

it installed fine but doesnt seem to work with the osx patch. Im giving up for today

Maybe try to dl the OS X only patch too, and patch the game after installing it with this patch. That might work

Sorry, this may have already been said, but i recently switched and also had some probelms installing starcraft. It tries to ginstall in classic from the cd which sucks. What i did was download this "Installer"(Not a patch).
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=asc0150p
MBHockey said that there wasnt a native OS X installer for Starcraft. I just gave you the link for it.
Run it with the CD in the drive (needs the cd key) and its worked fine ever since! Calls it self Starcraft Carbon

nmm88 said:
Sorry, this may have already been said, but i recently switched and also had some probelms installing starcraft. It tries to ginstall in classic from the cd which sucks. What i did was download this "Installer"(Not a patch).
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=asc0150p
MBHockey said that there wasnt a native OS X installer for Starcraft. I just gave you the link for it.
Run it with the CD in the drive (needs the cd key) and its worked fine ever since! Calls it self Starcraft Carbon

That is *NOT* a native os x installer, it's a fixed version of the installer to work with the classic environment. When the icon with the gold number 9 appears in your dock, that is the classic environment running, and therefore is not a native os x installer.

I had the same problems.

Now that's out of the way, answer me this: just how the hell are you meant to complete the last level on the human campaign?

I've had this game since the day it shipped and I _still_ cannot get past the human campaign.

The game has a gradual build up in difficulty then .. whooosh! Way too hard!

I get nuked off the screen, so I watch for ghosts, then I get blasted to hell and back by the tanks, so I watch for tanks, then I get wiped out by aircraft .. you can't possibly spread yourself enough to cover all of the options, it's just not possible...

I've tried everything I can think of and I just can't last more than 20 minutes.

Aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhh!!!.

I can't beleive people actually buy the game to play single player ;). I never played single player, so i don't know. I don't imagine it would be that hard though.

MBHockey said:
I can't beleive people actually buy the game to play single player ;)

When I got StarCraft, there wasn't an option to play over a network. No broadband, no network...

Back