Strange MagSafe issue

DarkSorrow

Registered
Hello, i have Macbook Pro 15'. i have it for almost two years. and replaced the MagSafe adapter two times (due to the wire frayed out).

Few days ago, i got this problem. When i plug in my magsafe, the battery is 99%, then the light went orange then green then orange then green then orange, switching to each other in every second. i thought it was my MagSafe, so i use my friend 85w MagSafe, and the same problem appeared. if the battery is less than 99% then it will be orange until it reach 99% then switching to different color.

i checked my battery to make sure there no swollen bump. nothing. just flat.

So i am asking my friend to switch battery to check if it my macbook pro or it just the battery.

Just found out that it was my battery, i switch the battery to my friend and plug in the magsafe when i used my friend battery. no problem so far, but when he used my battery, the same issue, the blinking light. he have his own magsafe. so it was the battery the whole time

Side note: If the "wire frays out" on your MagSafe adapter, you're probably trying to pull it out _straight_ instead of bending it up or down when taking it off.

Back