switcher@winaddict.com

WinAddict

Registered
If you switched from the Mac to the PC, please email or share your story in our forums. When did you switch? What MacOS and hardware were you using before, and what are you using now? What made you change, and how do you like the new experience?

WinAddict: You just walked into the lion's den waving a steak. Also, if sombody switched from mac to windows, what would they be doing here? This is like putting a beer commercial on Nickelodeon in the morning.:p

Just had a look at their site:

"Our users have posted a total of 2 articles
We have 1 registered user"

Ha Ha.

Originally posted by wdw_
if sombody switched from mac to windows, what would they be doing here? This is like putting a beer commercial on Nickelodeon in the morning.:p

you hit the nail on the head with that one.... I switched to the mac 3 years ago and since then I think I've visited ONE windows based site for a friend with PC problems.

I guess some people just aren't inteligent enough to figure that out.

1 memeber! hahaha! Everybody laugh with me! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...aha...*wipe tear from eye*...*small chuckle*.

wdw_

Waving a steak in a den of lions is more likely to draw a meaningful result than waving a steak in a meeting of WeightWatchers or at a vegetarian potluck. I think it's more like offering white wine at a tasting of red wines.

Seems to me like you brought a box of wine and dixie cups while we're all drinking fine wine from nice beautiful, curvy, sexy glasses.

wdw_

Did people laugh when you first came out of your mother's womb?

The site was started a few hours ago. How many members do you expect when a board first gets launched? Last time I checked, phpBB doesn't provide members in the installation process.

Ok, ok. I do admit it's silly for me to think you would have a lot of members right out of the gate, but why do you think you're gonna find people who switched from Mac to Windows here?!

wdw_

Have you ever been approached by a born again Christian who tried to convert you? Since this is a bastion of Mac users, it stands to reason that there might be some born again Windows users here trying to convert you. Those are the ones I'm trying to reach.

Originally posted by WinAddict
No, I'm the Emperor looking for Darth. The whole of CompUSA is the dark side!

huh, that's strange. The monitor that I'm using now has an apple on it. I think I bought it at CompUSA too

I've done windows... for some people it works. For me it doesn't. I've long given up on trying to argue why I like my mac, trying to convert PC users. It doesn't pay off. If they get tired of the windows world they will switch. It has slowly happened to many of my friends, both Windows and Linux users.

The windows users are looking for something new, the linux users are looking for a fluent, unix based OS that has mainstream apps by large companies such as Adobe and Microsoft.

After working on customers computers all day I really like comming home to something that works. The problems that I have had on my mac have resulted in extremely short downtime. The longest was 30 minutes. I can't say the same for every store bought PC or PC I ever built.

I can tell you that you won't find your darth here, anybody fanatical enough to frequent a site specific to a particular OS is not likely to be switching from one to the next readily

i recently switched from mac to pc... sortof half of the time (at my dads house) i use a compaq 5100

pc stats
1.4 ghz athlon
512 sdram
win2k
40 gig hd
cd dvd
raedon 7000

and at home i use the signature macintosh... now

notice that the combined clock of my mac is less then the pc and my mac has a significantly lower gpu.

the pc is basicaly the bane of my existance... it runs photoshop like suyrup on a cold day.
it has no firewire ports... so no digital media editing... although i couldnt anyway because of the lack of free products such as imovie.

bastardly.

that is how i can put it i think... the pc c onstantly gets in my face and in my way. all i want to do is install drivers for this feking modem! should it take an hour? should it??????!
now when i come home to my mac..... i push the power a few seconds later i have jaguar. a few seconds later i have photoshop that runs soooo much faster, and gosh i have a firewire! and imovie! and iphoto! and itunes! ical! isync! sherlock! ect... all for free.

oh did i mention that the pc... welll...... plays games better then my mac... what a surprise

dude, you wanna compare MacOSX to Windows 2000?! that's like comparing compare Windows XP to MacOS 7.

why don't you upgrade your dad's computer to XP with Service Pack 1 and come back and report the results. or put linux on it or something, but don't gripe about an operating system that's two generations old.

and slap in a firewire card. if i needed one i'd slap one into my frankenbox tomorrow. my three year old dell frankenbox will have a longer useful life then your closed iMac.

I believe the comparison was between his mac and PC experiences. He didn't give any comparisons between the OS's themselves.

Besides, even if he did it would be no different than the majority of PC users. The last version of Mac OS they had ever used was a 10 year old copy of 7 on a school computer vs. their brand spankin new computer with the latest MS itteration at the time.

They say that the mac completely sucks without giving the Mac a fair comparison.

Originally posted by WinAddict
dude, you wanna compare MacOSX to Windows 2000?! that's like comparing compare Windows XP to MacOS 7.

why don't you upgrade your dad's computer to XP with Service Pack 1 and come back and report the results. or put linux on it or something, but don't gripe about an operating system that's two generations old.

and slap in a firewire card. if i needed one i'd slap one into my frankenbox tomorrow. my three year old dell frankenbox will have a longer useful life then your closed iMac.

many PC's are just as closed as the iMac... Look at the recent gateway attack on the iMac.
if you're looking for fair comparisons compare your Frankenbox to a Powermac.

My G3 is 3 years old, alive and kicking. the only peice that's stock anymore is the video card. CD replaced with DVD, internal Zip added, RAM added, 2nd Vid card added, 3 hd's set up in raid, 2nd NIC added, motherboard replacement last year.... the list goes on and on. The Mac is just as easily upgradable as your Dell

I still have PCI slots open too.

I didn't switch to PC but I use PC at work.

I tell you what everybody wants to compare PC and Mac.

Why don't we compare btw 3 yrs old PC and Mac. I know Mac will beat PC in 3 sec. Why, because PC will crash and freeze at least 5 times a day.

Don't agree since you have new PC then wait. You will see what I mean.

Back