Terminal fun?

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
How do you use your terminal? I meant the weird ... or not so usual ways to use it.. :p

Any suggestion what (variety of things) one can combine with it?? i launch many apps from it, i try to change some features of some apps in it, i change gpg keys practically only in terminal... i fixed the terminal to 0.6 transparency so i like it's look as well :p ... so now i want to see how many new ways you have ... ;)

Anyone has ever tried to browse from terminal? :confused:

Originally posted by Giaguara

Anyone has ever tried to browse from terminal? :confused:

Yep! :D

I guess I don't really do weird things with it, except I changed the colors (black background, high-contrast /lime green text - oh wait, is that the default now?) and made it about half transparency... :p

I usually have it up with top -u running on it. :)

Old screen cap, but this is how it usually looks on my screen. :)

Here we go... links. transparent browsing.. :p

Attachments

• links.jpg
    links.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 115
I use Terminal for a lot of stuff. Mostly I use it to ssh to a remote shell for email using mutt. 10.1's Terminal was kind of crippled for threading and such, but 10.2's is awesome.

I wish that there were a "copy on select" function in it though. Would make my life a lot easier.

Here's a screen shot of this page using the terminal to browse it. I use lynx text browser sometimes at work, to test the website. It's much faster then the graphical browsers... so it's great for getting to the offending page and test the functionality of the code.

Attachments

• lynx.jpg
    lynx.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 48
Originally posted by evildan
Here's a screen shot of this page using the terminal to browse it. I use lynx text browser sometimes at work, to test the website. It's much faster then the graphical browsers... so it's great for getting to the offending page and test the functionality of the code.

If they would only add Mouse Support - I'd be in heaven! :D

that's exactly the way i've got it set, i love the transparency.

anybody know a way to implement a feature in terminal where you can select some text and then right click and it puts it on the command line? i remember doing that on some *nix system before, and i'd like to do it again.

evildan, you say you use Lynx to browse in the terminal? how could i do this? i'm a bit of a newbie to the terminal still, but i think it could be interesting...

-keris

Back