Terminal windows size problem

Matsaki

Registered
When I open my terminal I get a terminal window which is the size of about 20x20 pixels. That means there is no other top buttons then the red (close window) button available. I can't find a way to make it normal size/bigger ??

It's not Preferences but Window settings you want to check out. Go to the Terminal menu and look for it there. And be sure to save your settings so it doesn't keep coming back again and again.

Yes I know. I tried all of them. I also trashed the "com.apple.Terminal.plist" Nothing helps.

The trick is to set the Window Settings the way you want it before you do anything in that Terminal window. Open Terminal, select "Window Settings" from the "Terminal" menu in the menubar, pull the drop-down menu to "Window" and set the size there. A common size is 80 colums x 24 rows. Then click the "Use Settings as Defaults" button at the bottom. Quit Terminal, re-open, and see if that worked.

I have my Terminal set to black with white text grey highlights.

Plus, I use the transparency [about 20%]

That is strange, and I'm at a loss as to what can be causing it. I'm assuming you can't resize the window by dragging the lower right-hand corner, right?

What happens when you open a new terminal window by hitting command-n? Is the new window decently sized or is it all small like the other one? Can you resize the new one?

I found the prolem :) As Terminal is using Monaco as default font and I by mistake disabled it, the terminal window behavies this stupid! Now it's working again :)

so, what did you do - reset it to Monoco or another font? Because I also have the same problem - but I set the font to Arial 12pt, and the window is still (FRIGGIN) 20pxx20px.. This sux!!!

So, do I have to now install Monaco just for Terminal to deal? ...

Stay tuned...

YES. You have to go into FontBook and turn on Monaco.

(And as far as I know, only Monaco, and not Arial, will work.
As for other fonts, I'm not in the mood to try them out...)

Back