The Bush Administration: the Microsoft of politics

Arden

Where mah "any" keys at?
Well, it figures, but GOP leaders in the Senate are trying to pass a new energy bill that will be to the environment what the Patriot Act was to civil liberties.

Citizens of the United States, call your senators and urge them to vote this bill down! Read more in this PDF.

Some GOP leaders in the Senate have drafted, behind closed doors, a 1000 page bill that pretty much makes environmental conditions worse and gives the hand over to big oil and the energy companies.

What does GOP mean ? Sorry I'm not amrican, so it may be obvious for you...

GOP - Grand Old Party (Republican Party)

And you actually belive if enough people call their Senators and ask they vote the bill down, this will happen.

Definition of naive - ARDEN

Thanks, I was wondering if it stood for "Global Oil Companies" because of the context... so I was completely wrong.

Politics is complex enough in Switzerland for me not to fool with other countries' politics.

Bob... it can't hurt. I know enough people most likely won't call their senators, but it can't hurt. Like voting.

I suggest you, and all board members from the US, sign up at www.moveonpac.org for information on the Bush administration's schemes. They've been fairly influential recently.

Nope, can't hurt, but certainly won't do anything. A majority of the politicians in Washington have their lips firmly planted on Bush's ass, just like Blair.

Yes, these people, www.moveonpac.org, certainly helped to keep Schwarzenegger out of office. Tell them to keep up the good work.

It's easy to be cynical bob, but if you don't try to do something then nothing will definately happen. It's apathy that allows people like Bush to get into government in the first place.

"Some GOP leaders in the Senate have drafted, behind closed doors, a 1000 page bill that pretty much makes environmental conditions worse and gives the hand over to big oil and the energy companies."

Definition of US foreign policy since Marshall Plan.

That seems about right, like the Medicare bill that bans the government from negotiating better drug prices for our seniors. Anything to put another dollar in the politicians pocket.

monktus
Guess I've been around too long and seen too much of this crap. Call it cynical if you will, but you don't live here and don't know the half of it.

Back