The Official Macworld Expo 2004 Thread

Arden

Where mah "any" keys at?
It's December, which means a certain something is coming up! No, not Christmas... I know, you guys are excited about it, but I don't care about Christmas because I'm Jewish. (And don't say Hanukah. ;)) No, I'm talking about the next Macworld Expo in San Francisco in early January! I got the info packet recently, so I thought I'd find out who else plans to attend.

Who else plans to attend? I'm certainly going to try. Since I'm in college now, I can miss class without any sort of downside, besides the whole not-knowing-what-was-covered-that-day thing. I figure we should find out who will be there, and arrange some sort of meeting area on whatever days we will be there.

Considering that to get into anything except the exhibit hall costs at least $200, I'll be free to go any day for the exhibitions only. If you plan to attend on certain days for certain events, let us know so those of us who can't afford more than $35 for it have a chance to meet up with you.

If anyone has suggestions for identifying Macosx.com members from the rest of the elite, please, by all means, feel free to spill the beans! I mean, if everyone goes and no one knows who is who, then, well, that's no fun. Sure, many of us have posted our mugs, but there will be lots of people there and picking each other out from the crowd will be difficult and annoying. If you have a Macosx.com T-shirt... wear it! If you have a hat... wear it! If not... buy one! ;)

Hope to see you all in January!

woooooot hannukah!
this sucks, the expo and just exhibit hall now costs $15. it used to be free for early birds. why have they changed it?! ill try to convince my mom to take me and my bro.

Hmm,

I've always wanted to go. I feel it would be a great networking idea and to see who the movers and shakers are in the market. I don't have a Mac specific job and I'd sure like one some day. I'm stuck in PC hell devloping applications on that side becuase I have a family to feed.

Macnewguy said:
How old r u?
I'll be 19 in March, and Spitty's younger than my sister by a few months. (Hint: check his profile.)

...Why?

Anyway, I can go by myself because I'm a legal adult and I have a car to drive. Whether or not I should is a different matter because, after all, it is in San Francisco, one of many traffic hells across this nation.

Now to the 'rumours' part of this thread. :)

What's in store? We've heard of PowerMacs, Displays, some software... But more interestingly: If Steve really wants to surprise us (and he did with the Alu PowerBooks last time at MWSF) - what could he offer? The infamous Newton II/iTablet? iSync 2.0 with, erhm, dunno, really? I'm excited, although it's still a month away...

Back