This ad really upsets me...

well....

the irc server is down, which means I can't hang with most of yall in real time :)

and,

cheers is just a tv show :(

So, with all alternatives closed, I turn to hervé's bar and grill :)

Boy, this place is great!

And not to downplay it - I absolutely love it here!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
did you watch the show dan? :p

there must be something wrong with the ad if it takes that much explaining to make any sense.:D

Yes I did Ed. It was great! I love the history channel. And I love American History. The show is a bit long, but it covers Washington to the death of Adams and Jefferson, so most of the subject matter could not be removed. It was a great refresher course for me.

I have always been of the mind that we have much to learn from our past. Not of a strategic lesson mind you, but a human behavioural lesson. While it's important to not live in the past, we still can learn from it.

I can't help but be amazed how we have lived off the strengths of the few people who took on the most powerful empire in the the world. Then, to think, they created a form of government that had never been tested before... And it worked.

You’re right about the ad, if such a simple ad requires this much explaining, the Ad Agency dropped the ball on the development of it. Although I can’t see where, maybe the caption isn’t big enough?

evildan, it seems you have suddenly materialized out of nowhere...where did you come from? :p

kilo, time to set up your irc server again? :D

Originally posted by ksuther
evildan, it seems you have suddenly materialized out of nowhere...where did you come from? :p

I've been on the boards for a while now. I've been somewhat dormant. I belonged to a few other boards so my posts were spread between three or four sites. I enjoy writing and sharing opinions in a debate format, so I decided I had to pick the board that I liked best and primarily post there.

Macosx.com was an easy choice, because I held a high regard for the people were apart of it’s community.:D

Originally posted by ksuther

kilo, time to set up your irc server again? :D

Tis up my friend!

irc.lfnet.net #kilonet

I haven't made a startup script for it yet though, so if you try it and it doesn't work, buz me and I'll start it :)

Originally posted by kilowatt
People will make fun of the big guy in power, reguardless of what he actually does.

And it's only natural to do so. In fact, ANYbody who is just plain well-known for ANYthing will get made fun of. Britney Spears, Mick Jagger, Siskel and Ebert, George W. Bush... if you're well known, you're fodder. It's just one of the bad things about being famous.

On a completely different note, I think George W. Bush is perceived as not-so-bright because he IS not-so-bright.

Now, you may make fun of Bill Clinton because he was an over-sexed president who did naughty things in the white house. Heck, I don't blame you. But.... (and I've forgotten where I've heard this... I suppose it might not be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is...) Dolphins and Humans are the only animals which have sex simply for pleasure, not to reproduce. I think there might be a correlation between intelligence and sex-drive... Clinton may have been an over-sexed president, but he was an intelligent speaker and strategist.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Back