This pissed me off.

themacko

Barking at the moon.
Let me setup the situation. As many of you know, excite@home went bankrupt. I was with cox@home, which has recently setup cox.net, their own cable internet service. They sent out these conversion kits that we HAD to run in order for our computers to work on the new system.

Luckily I had classic installed, because it obviously wasn't ready for Mac OS X only. So everything runs fine, and I setup my new email addy. But then, I'm not getting any emails back. I can send them out, but I cant recieve them. So I looking around their site and come to something where you can chat with a tech online about your problem.

Here's what I get:
win_only.jpg

That was the last straw, they're hearin from me today.

your system is giving you the SCUD!

OUCH!

it's probably a Java applet that couldn't run on OS 9 due to 9 not supporting the latest Java offering. So the developer locks out the Mac entirely, so they don't have to deal with OS 9 issues.

I've run in to that quite a bit. And when I speak with the support team for the site that offers it and tell them that Mac OS X supports Java better than any platform they reply with "We didn't know that. We'll see what we can do." Netopia is another offender here too...

time to change providers - demand at least a partial refund

and be sure to give a good reason:

you don't support my system so i will no longer be supporting you.

well my email works now (thank God) and Cox Internet is helluva lot better than our only other choise, Qwest DSL which is public enemy #1 in Phoenix right now (for one reason or another).

well, basically, comcast does the same stuff.

you go to their website, and you click on "help" (or whatever... it's not like I really needed help... just browsing to see if there really is any improvement)...

and guess what...

"Mac not supported"

well... but I'm not really pissed... their setup software CD actually came with mac version...which actually ran under OSX...

but I guess it's like... "Oh well, it's better than how shit used to be..."

i know this doesn't help much, but in my experience you're better off without the "help" of comcast. ;)

2 hour phone call, 1 hour was spent on hold, and the other was me trying to explain to the lady that i wanted a static IP. ;)

Back