Tiger mail!!

halearoth

Registered
Hi Folks,
I'm new here so hope I don't screw up to badly. Hello to everyone in the community! I have lost my viewer window in my mail program. It happened when using IPhoto. This is the second time. I went into help and it looks like I corrupted the mail so I dumped the whole mail software. Is there any way to get it back up and running without reinstalling Tiger?? I'm at at tiger 10.4.4 and don't want to have to upgrade everything again. Hope you can help me out with this problem.
Sincerely
Harold (Hal) Roth

Well... Did you actually _trash_ the Mail.app application or is just "the window" gone? If it's just the window, hit Cmd-1 to bring it back. If you erased the _application_, you can use Pacifist (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812) to extract Mail.app from your installation medium.

If you continue to have tiger mail problems ---Tiger mail gave me such fits that I finally gave up on it and installed Mozilla Thunderbird - have been in email heaven ever since

Thanks for the answers . I just installed Tiger on the #2 hard drive and Got my mail that way. Is there a way I can export the mail to my #1 hard drive?? I hate having to change from one hard drive to the other just to check my mail.
Sincerely
Harold (Hal) Roth

In Mail, choose File --> Import Mailboxes. Then just follow the directions. Hope that helps.

fryke said:
Well... Did you actually _trash_ the Mail.app application or is just "the window" gone? If it's just the window, hit Cmd-1 to bring it back. If you erased the _application_, you can use Pacifist (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812) to extract Mail.app from your installation medium.

Sorry for being off-topic,

I just wanna thank "Fryke" for that little app "Pacifist" I dint know abt. it b4.... its really cool,
does it really work well with all the DVD mac medias as well....???

Thx

THANKUUUUUU, "bobw...." for that tip as well... This site is really coooolllll and good knowledge base of MAc os X...

Thx again
Pramod

Back