Time Machine Error (Read Only volume)

Perishingflames

Registered
Hi,

I am getting an error message whenever time machine has tried to back up, today. It says that the volume is read-only; however, I checked it and I have read and write access... I have tried verifying/repairing disk permissions on the volume, to no avail. Can someone help?

Bonus question:

Randomly when I wake my computer from sleep, sometimes it comes back awake then after half a second goes back to sleep mode. Is fault hardware to cause, and what can I do to fix this? Possibly unrelated, but sometimes when I log into windows on a separate partition, it logs in but the computer shuts off 5-10 seconds after logging in. Today, when waking Windows from stand-by (or so I thought) it came to an error screen that said the BIOS could not be loaded properly (something like that). Could also be related- it was fine after I restarted the computer.

I have used Disk Utility to verify/repair its disk permissions, but neither of the others. Is it something I could troubleshoot with Drive Genius?

It doesn't give me an error code. All it says is "Backup failed with error: The target volume is read-only."

Now I really don't know why it would all of a sudden be read-only..

Update: Simply disconnecting and reconnecting seemed to do the trick for me. I browsed this thread and it seemed like that did the trick for some users, while others had to do much more complicated means to fix it.

Back