TimeCapsule - what is it up to?

aicul

Registered
TimeCapsule is a little upsetting. Some time ago I posted a thread stating that the files backup drive was somehow locked only in read-only mode. So, I actually had to delete all the backups and start again. The logic of deleting backups on a backup system makes me question the logic of the apple developper of timeMachine.

Anyway, TimeCapsule is at it again. So I look into apple site and discover there is a firmware patch. Great! This must solve my problem with timeCapsule.

Only there is a problem, I can only install the firmware patch if timeCapsule is connected to the internet!

That may make operational sense, but from a security perspective, why should I connect timecapsule to the internet for a firmware upgrade. What about all the sensitive business information I have that is stored on the disk?

So if anyone has any ideas about installing the firmware patch without connecting timecapsule to the internet, or without deleting all files before connecting to the internet, I am really "all ears"..

Back