Toast & DVDs

Jimbolgs

Registered
Just got a DVD+RW and put it in an external FW case - works fine for burning, but... When I try to erase a RW disk, it seems to take for ever and I end up force quitting because there's no light in my DVD+RW drive to suggest the drive is busy.

With quick erase it tells me it's done but then says I cannot burn the disk, any one know what's going on here?

Drive is Lite-On DVD+RW. Running X 10.2.8 on G3 PowerBook 400 pismo.

Cheers

Does your drive also support DVD-RW (those have a chance of working with Jaguar, at least) The DVD+RW format is not well supported (if at all) in Jaguar, Apple has not stated anywhere that DVD+R/W support in Jaguar is available, and installing a drive that supports the +R/W format will not make it happen. Only DVD-R will work, and probably DVD-RW (which generally works with most drives). If your drive does not support DVD-R/W, then you're out of luck right now.
You may see some improvement by upgrading to Panther (10.3) when that is released, as Apple actually mentions DVD+R/W occasionally, so your DVD+RW might actually work with Panther

Thanks, I'll give it a go when it arrives! If anyone else can shed any more light on the topic, or suggest another piece of software, I'd be grateful.

For anyone elso who has similar problems, I found a solution... Toast Six or NTI Dragon Burn...

Both support DVD+RW

Back