transfer songs from one itunes on pc to ipod that is sinced on a mac

Abobo kitty

Registered
i have 3 computers, a pc, a G5 desktop & a G3 ibook. My Ipod is sync'd up to my ibook. the ibook's logic board died, since then i have not been able to add new music to it. & my pc has a bunch of tunes on it that i'd like to place on it as well, how can i do that with out deleting what is already on my ipod?

Go into the Windows iTunes preferences and make sure you put on Manual Sync (on a Mac it says "Manually manage music and videos"). I am not sure what it says on Windows's iTunes but it should be similar. Once you do that the connect the iPod.

One problem you might run into is the iPod is formatted for a Mac. Windows natively can not read HFS+ (Mac OS X Extended) formatted disks. There are third party program to make NTFS Windows read HFS+ disk like MacDrive.

At a minimum I'd suggest you use a program to pull the music off your iPod onto one of your other machines. Then you can sync your iPod with the other computer.

However, I think it probably makes the most sense to remove the hard drive from your iBook, connect it to a drive bridge/casing and back it up entirely to another machine. In this case you'd be able to retrieve all of your music and other files.

Back