Tried to fix my mac, think I made it worse :(

It's very strange what happens. The programme will stop responding to mouse clicks ect. but i can still move the mouse. Downloads will still keep running, web pages will carry on loading, but I can't use the mouse to quit the programme/change between screens. I can however use apple+Q to quit the programmes, but can not bring up the force quit screen either by the keyboard or using the mouse in finder, and so have to restart using the power button. The computer essentially carries on what it was doing but wont let you do anything else.

I have already done a hardware test it said everything was fine. Also I just have one 512MB stick in, and it's been there for a year.

Do you have the keyboard attached to the USB port at the back of the machine?
Do you have the mouse attached to the keyboard?

Check the System Preferences>Universal Access. Click on the mouse tab. Mouse keys should be off. Then adjust the delay and speed. Under Keyboard make sure slow keys are off.

Cheers Cheryl, I had a look and they're fine. I've done everything everyone has suggested so I'm booking it into a repair centre I've found. Now I've just got to get there!

Back