trouble with perl modules

mr. k

Registered
Hey - I'm playing around with MT on my iMac and have been trying to get the MT Validate Plugin working but I'm hung up with installing the HTML::Template perl module.
I have installed it multiple times, and used both CPAN and just downloading the source and making it, but the mtvalidate.pl script throws this error out every time I try to use the plugin:
Code:
HTML::Template version 2.6 required--this is only version 2.4 at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/..../plugins/MTValidate.pl line 49.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/..../plugins/MTValidate.pl line 49.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/.../lib/MT.pm line 117.
So it's pretty obivous that the plugin wants me to update the HTML::Template module, and I have, and according to CPAN I *do* have version 2.6 installed:
Code:
cpan> m HTML::Template
Module id = HTML::Template
    DESCRIPTION  a simple HTML templating system
    CPAN_USERID  SAMTREGAR (Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com>)
    CPAN_VERSION 2.6
    CPAN_FILE    S/SA/SAMTREGAR/HTML-Template-2.6.tar.gz
    DSLI_STATUS  MmpO (mature,mailing-list,perl,object-oriented)
    MANPAGE      HTML::Template - Perl module to use HTML Templates from CGI scripts
    INST_FILE    /Library/Perl/5.8.1/HTML/Template.pm
    INST_VERSION 2.6   (<---- see?)
Anyone have any idea why the perl script would have difficulty locating the newer version and maybe it knows where to find an older version? Is there a way I can completely delete the module through CPAN and then reinstall it? I've hit a brick wall here and need a little help.

Back