Unable to take screenshots...

SolitaryHowl

Registered
Hello. I am unable to take screenshots using Command-Shift-3 (in order to take a full screen screenshot). Oddly enough, I am able to take screenshots using all other shortcuts, just not using the shortcut Command-Shift-3 , which is the feature that I want to use. Using the program 'Grab' works, but I don't want to use that program, especially for video games.

I have recently installed a program that allows me to take videos and screenshots, and it used a shortcut to 'open' but I set the hotkey/shortcut to another combination and it still doesn't work. The program is Snapz Pro X.

I am using Mac OSX Tiger with the latest updates on a Macbook Pro.

Please give me step-by-step instructions on how to get this to work. I don't remember changing this option in any settings, or if there is even an option to change these hotkeys, but I would really want to keep Snapz Pro X as a program...so I don't know what to do. You guys are the experts.

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: I did some more troubleshooting, and I realized that there is a place where you can change the mac hotkeys to other things.

Oddly, the shortcut is the exact same as the new Snapz Pro X hotkey that I changed it to. Before, it was Command-Shift-3. I changed the program's shortcut to Command-Shift-9, and that's what 'save picture of screen as a file' says. I just changed the option (not from the program) back to Command-Shift-3 and tried it, but Snapz Pro X came up, so apparently the two hotkeys are linked to each other.

What now?

Back