Unplug ethernet, modem dials. BAD

natethelen

Registered
This happens on 2 laptops that I am in charge of. When my users disconnect from ethernet and still have some TCP/IP apps running (IM, etc...), it starts dialing the modem. Neither of the computers have any settings in the PPP tab. Also, there is a checkbox in the advanced PPP options that should be for exactly this purpose that says something like this "check this box to automatically dial on TCP/IP activity", I made sure this was unchecked. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to just completely disable the modem maybe.

Thanks,
Nate

go to preferences:network, from the show: drop down menu select "Active Network Ports", then deselect any ports such as "Modem Port" that you don't want to use, you can also rearrange the order of the any of the devices to suit yourself.

go to preferences:network, from the show: drop down menu select "Active Network Ports", then deselect any ports such as "Modem Port" that you don't want to use, you can also rearrange the order of the any of the devices to suit yourself.

Back