Upgraded to OS X, now no access to Word, Photoshop 6, etc.

LABachlr

Registered
I'm still new to Mac, but a friend of mine upgraded her system to OS X, and now she can't access Word, Photoshop 6, and other apps. Is the fix to simply move/copy the apps from the OS 9 folder to OS X?

Why did the upgrade not go seemlessly?

Not sure what version of Office she was using with OS 9. Could have it been Office X?

Install OS 9 from the CD on the machine, don't format the hard drive when you do it though. Then from system prefereneces you can launch OS 9 from the Classic preference pane.

legacyb4 said:
Sounds almost like she didn't include an OS 9 system folder in the installation...

But OS 9 was on there before. Are you saying that when she installed OS X, it got rid of the OS 9 because she opted not to check the box that stated to install/keep OS 9 as well (if that is even an option)?

HateEternal said:
Install OS 9 from the CD on the machine, don't format the hard drive when you do it though. Then from system prefereneces you can launch OS 9 from the Classic preference pane.

And I can install OS 9 while OS X is on there? I don't have to format and reinstall OS X with OS 9 drivers?

Back