Use GMail and Safari as Default Email Reader (Wishful Thinking?)

MBHockey

Registered
I signed up for a GMail account about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm so impressed with it that i have made it my primary email account.

My only problem comes when i click links from Safari or Adium where the link is an email address. I would LOVE for Safari to open to the compose mail link of my GMail account in a new tab, because as it stands now this just opens Mail.app. (I know i could just manually navigate to the compose mail page of GMail, but, that's just no fun )

Is this extremely wishful thinking, or somehow possible?

Thanks,
Mike

The only way I could see is if you had a Programming friend to make a Wrapper for GMail, and then specify the Wrapper Program as the default Email Client.
This wrapper would launch the default Web Browser to the "Compose Mail" webpage every time you click on a mailto: link.
This Wrapper program could be configured for any WebMail Service, GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo or macosx.com

Y'all,

When I go to:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15284

and click on "download now" button, I get the following error:
"
Not Found

The requested URL /code/Gmailto/Gmailto.dmg was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
"
Does anyone know if this app still exists, or if there is a good substitute for helping me make gmail (instead of Apple's "mail") my primary mail reader / handler?

Thanks!

J.

Well, the developer seems to have left the building like Elvis. Someone still got the .dmg?

Back