Users logging in...

Kase1025

Registered
We are a school and recently just added a few students so they can log in with their own user name. When the new students try to log in they get this message..."You are unable to log in to the user account "user name". Logging in failed because an error occurred. The home folder for the user account is located on a AFP or a SMB server."

I logged on Workgroup Manager and it shows every student and teacher has their home folder on the AFP server. And they all look set up the same. I do not know what the problem is or how to fix it!

Help please!!!

Wherever the path is specified in Workgroup Manager...

You said:
I logged on Workgroup Manager and it shows every student and teacher has their home folder on the AFP server.
You should see some information about where that path is on the server, then you can navigate there and verify that the users' home folders in question actually exist there.

What version of OS X? Is the AFP server an xserve? Have the user directories got the correct permissions?
I'm having similar login problems with recently created accounts (but no reference to AFP/SMB in error message). Older accounts are logging in fine, no difference can be found in accounts on Active Directory. Will post a new thread for it ...
Andy Mac (anykey)

Back