Using Windows Programs with ActiveX on Mac?

sgould

Registered
I have a couple of programs that I have installed on an old IBM ThinkPad. They are on there because they run using ActiveX and I couldn't get them to work with Virtual PC.

The ThinkPad had failed. I need to get them on something. Do I buy a cheap Windows Laptop or will they run under BootCamp or Parallels if I get a MacBook for myself as a Christmas present?

You need a IE, ActiveX is designed by Microsoft which limited only to one browser and that is Internet Explorer. sadly, ActiveX only work with Window since it embedded in IE (IE embedded in Window as well). So Parallels or Boot Camp will do

Thanks!

Just have to decide whether to buy a MacBook or a cheapo small laptop from PC World.

Get a macbook, it will bebefits you greatly... reason why?? you can get three OSs in one simple laptop. OSX, Window and Linux! oh boy! what a deal!.... ok cut the drama... but seriously get Macbook :);)

Macbook will also keep its value so much better than a PC. Ever looked how much the Macs which are 2, 3, 5, or even more years are still? If you'll do an upgrade then to another mac e.g. in 3 years, you won't have to put as much money to upgrade it, since you can always get a nice value for a well kept Mac.

Macbook will also keep its value so much better than a PC. Ever looked how much the Macs which are 2, 3, 5, or even more years are still? If you'll do an upgrade then to another mac e.g. in 3 years, you won't have to put as much money to upgrade it, since you can always get a nice value for a well kept Mac.

and if you got a software or hardware issue, just take it to Apple store, and they will look at it to see what going on. you dont need to go to brand store to figure out why Window is not working with HP's bloatware crap

Back