Vista and MacBook Pro

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I've recently scored myself a free copy of Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 by completing some Microsoft training.

Now I'm wanting to install Vista on my MacBook Pro using Boot Camp, what kind of issues will I run into? Has anyone installed it on their C2D MacBook Pro? Will it install right away or will there be something I need to do because Boot Camp is only rated for XP at the moment? Thanks in advance.

Alright I bit the bullet and installed it, and it actually makes my MacBook Pro feel faster than it does in Mac OS X. One final question, and it's Mac OS X related — my new Windows partition is called Untitled, is there a way I can rename it?

. One final question, and it's Mac OS X related — my new Windows partition is called Untitled, is there a way I can rename it?

I'm pretty sure you can't i looked around for way to do that to no avail, but if you come across one in the future let me know.

i got a Intel Imac core duo 20" (2.0 GHZ)....would this run vista fast? or will it be slowmo?

also...any guide for installing Vista on bootcamp? did you need to modify drivers or install different drivers....?

I have just installed Vista on a Macbook Pro Core Duo 2 2.33Ghz using Bootcamp and it flies.

You don't need to install that many drivers as much of the hardware works with drivers supplied during the installation. Only airport and iSight camera didn't work for me.

Just download the latest drivers for your video card, especially if it is a Radeon and then follow the guide you can find at the following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/nja469/

Nifty stuff. I'm still considering installing Vista on this MacBook; the little upgrade advisor told me I could have that special 128MB-glorified Aero interface, seeing that the Intel GMA graphics use up to 256MB of the shared RAM. :)

Back