VLC Error

Reality

Registered
I keep getting this error when trying to play a wmv using VLC. I toke a screen shot of the message. While I get that, I can still hear whatever I'm playing running in the background but there isn't any viewing window to watch. :confused: So what do you guys think? Do I have a bugged version? Or am I a version behind?

Attachments

• vclerror.jpg
    vclerror.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 27
That wmv file uses a different video codec than what vlc can play. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do (redownload, upgrade) to VLC that would change that. Either use WMP or try and see if MplayerOSX can play it.

I tried MplayerOSX and it does the same thing, you can hear it but you can't see it. Looks like I'll Have to DL WMP on my Mac.. ::sleepy:: Gah, I hate that.

EDIT

ok just DLed WMP 7.1 and it does the same thing as what all the others have been doing! :confused: Seeing this trailer was just not meant to be or something!

Um, are you "Grrrr-ing" at me for saying it as WMP or "Grrrr-ing" at the WindowsMedia thing, it's self. I thought ask before I went all Kung-fo on you.

He's grrring at you, Reality. Commence with the kung-foo *pulls out popcorn* .

No dude, some files just won't work no matter what you use. I'd say 1 in 30 files won't work on a Mac OS period. The other 29 work with one of the following: Quicktime, MPlayer, VLC, or WMP.

You could always get Virtual PC and watch those stinkers in Windows.

You can try to convert these "bad" file with ffMpeg... it does sometimes solve it.

Or you can buy VPC....

Back