Volume & Eject keys on keyboard stopped working with 10.3

Anthony

Registered
I have a mirror drive door DP867 that I just installed Panther on (upgrade install from 10.2.5, yeah I was behind on my updates). I'm still using the black/white/clear keyboard that came with the machine... just wondering if anybody knows why my volume up/down/mute and eject keys (the 4 keys in the top right corner) stopped working after the upgrade and if anybody has any ideas how to fix it. Thanks!

I am having the same problem, but I think it is only with the Eject button, I will have to double check the other buttons

I read a lot about key-probs on panther. Don't know if there is a way to solve, but try search. I think bobw started that thread...

Does anyone have an update on this problem?
Those four keys @ the extreme upper right of the keyboard no longer work.
I've changed keyboards and booted off remote volumes (iBook and external HD).
Nothing seems to give me back the keys. I'm just glad to see I'm not alone.

To those with this problem:
You can open the CD tray with the eject button in iTunes, or
Open: System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu
(This will place an eject button in the menubar)

You may want to run the usual routines like repairing permissions and checking the drive with some utility. Also, I would emphasize zapping PRAM and making sure the keyboard is connected directly to the computer and not through any kind of USB hub.

For my part: Been there, done that, zapped the PRAM, reset the NVRAM, permissions, and booted from remote volumes.

Of some interest:
I had a similar problem on my iBook. I discovered this problem was caused by uControl. But on the G4 I don't use uControl...
ttfn

This is a really old thread and I've actually gotten a new keyboard since because I spilled a beer in the other :) I did in fact have USB Overdrive installed though (although its shareware and I never registered it and don't use it.. so I didn't think it was active.) It was installed back when I had 10.2 but only started causing the problem when I upgraded to 10.3. I'd bet that was the cause though, so perhaps if anybody else had this problem that will help them out... thanks!

Ive got a Flat-screen iMac (15", 700 MHz G4), and I recently changed the keyboard, after someone spilled coffee in the old one. The new keyboard is one of apple's new design keyboards, and it works fine in OS X.2.8. I just started up in os9, and the volume/eject buttons dont do anything (in os9). Is there any way to make them active?

Back