Volume issue in iTunes 4.1.1

mr. k

Registered
I was wondering if anyone knew iTunes and applescript to help me with a little problem I have been having...
Here's the problem - In some of my albums I have set the volume adjustment to 100%, and in some albums I haven't set it at all. Now every once in a while I'm on my iPod listening to a playlist, and one song (with 0 volume adjustment) ends and a song with 100% volume adjustment starts. This *really* can hurt my ears! But because there are 196 albums I've ripped, I could go through all of them and adjust the volume by hand, but it would take hours. I'm sure there is a way somehow to write an applescript to set all of the volume adjustment to none, but it can't be done to my whole library from within iTunes, and by hand it will just take too long.
If anyone has anything they think could help me please speak up.
I have looked around for a script already written, but there haven't been any, and I don't know too much about applescript. I will try to solve this myself, and probably take all the time to learn applescript before I do all the work by hand, but again, any help would just rock.

You should be able to go to your song library and select all songs with the Command-A shortcut, then Command-I to edit the information for these. It may prompt you with "Are you sure you want ot edit information for multiple songs?".
You should then be able to set the volume adjustment slider and it will apply the change to all tracks.

But then it seems to apply the adjustment relatively, that is it adjusts the volume that much plus or minus it's current level, not set all the tracks to a certain volume. It's a real pain. It really should work, but it hasn't done the trick for me.

huh? itunes 4.1.1?? or do you mean 4.0.1? You had me looking for a new version

Ha, must be it....
I got confused - in itunes music library.xml there is a thing that says my itunes is major version - 1 and minor version - 1, I was just thinking of that.

Back