Vote "Think Different" - Madison Ave. Ad Hall of Fame

markceltic said:
Okay I voted, but it was a hard choice since they also included"taste great less filling" :p

There are several other memorable ones left out of that list. One I remember was by the DuPont coporation, "Better living through chemistry."
I know that one sounds kind of dull, but those of us who came of age in the 60's remember how we gave that phrase special meaning. :D

Hey, even those of us that came of age in the 80s and 90s gave that phrase special meaning, too, man... ;) We just built upon what you in the 60s started... :D

And it is a much better way of living now, after the fact, isn't it?

BTW: I voted "Think Different."

I voted for Think Different too.

Sort of Off Topic: A few weeks back I had some spare cash and used it to purchase one of the posters associated with that campaign. I got the Jackie Robinson one.I wish I could afford the Amelia Erheart oneas well. Why? Well here's the reason:

El Diablo as far as building upon what earlier generations have done, well I hope we have given yours something to work with.I knows ours was helped; it was people like Robinson and Erheart who opened the doors. Then we stepped through the doors. :cool:

i understand this is a mac site and all but when it comes to memorable catch phrases, apple's is probably one of the weakest listed.

kendall said:
i understand this is a mac site and all but when it comes to memorable catch phrases, apple's is probably one of the weakest listed.

Actually I agree, at least as far as the general market appeal of the phrases. We, as Mac users, understand what the phrase means to us. "Think different" probably means nothing to the person on the street. The failure to esttablish that sort of meaning is why the campaign failed.

Contrast that with the iPod. Everyone knows what an iPod is. Yesterday while I was at the "bullseye boutique" (Target) I noticed a very prominent iPod marketing display.

Back