Walmart digicam help (ASAP)!

Trip

Registered
I recently started college and moved into an appartment closer to campus (but still not on). So I'm practically broke when it comes to anything financial. However, I'm in need of a small digital camera for some graphic design things. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will work better than my Motorola RAZR camera phone.

While browsing around the local Walmart I noticed they have a wide selection of, dare I say, crappy but effecient digital cameras. I'm talking about the $20 "pocket sized" cams.

What I was wondering is: will any camera work with my MacBook? As long as it's got a USB cable with it?

Again: I don't need anything fancy. I just need to be able to take pictures and then get them onto my HD (no iPhoto for me).

Any insight on this is greatly appriciated, especially the sooner it is!

Without knowing the specific model, one cannot be certain. However, my younger brother bought a digicam from Wal-Mart. The camera did not support USB automount. It relied on its Windows-only proprietary driver. The camera did not have removeable storage such as a flash card. To Mac users, it was a doorstop.

You get what you pay for.

MisterMe said:
You get what you pay for.

All too true. Yet when it's all you can pay for... :)

Thanks for the comment about automount I'll look into it a bit further I guess.

Something that uses a flashcard would be good - apart from convenience, you could always get a 10 buck reader if the camera does not link.

Back