Web Connection Issue - "Unable To Connect"

Poekicker

Registered
There are an increasing number of websites I can't acces with any browser on my system. I consistently get an "Unable to connect" message. I am running through a router, but no other computers, Mac and PC, on the same router have trouble accessing these sites.
Here is the message I get:

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.osxhints.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Deer Park is permitted to access the Web.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.osxhints.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Deer Park is permitted to access the Web."

Could it be a domain name server issue? Could be something firefox or one its extensions is doing?

In Safari, The message is:

"Safari can’t connect to the server.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.osxhints.com/” because it could not connect to the server “www.osxhints.com”."

Thanks for any help.

I've been having the exact same problem for the last week and no one has been able to help me out and I can't figure this one out on my own. Originally I thought it was a problem with my DNS but that doesn't seem to be the case. About half of the web pages I go to bring up the same "Unable to connect" message which is odd because the internet connection is still good and downloading still works. Very confusing... going to the Apple Store tonight to see if they can help at all.

This is what was causing the problem in my case. You either have to remember to disable the filters everytime you start the computer (they are enabled at launch) or after you stop using your peer-to-peer app, or just uninstall it altogether, which is what I did.

Back