Weighty question

gphillipk

Registered
Did the romulans ever come into contact with the borg? If they did not, who thinks they'd have been able to resist the borg?

off-topic, I know, but I want a new Star Trek series that's set _after_ Voyager and DS-9. Enterprise was a bit of a let-down for me. (A couple of episodes in the last season were quite good, though.) Let's go to yet another century or something.

on-topic: I don't think the Romulans ever met the Borg on the series or the movies. But why would they be any different than all other futile life? ;)

If my memory serves in TNG series and the start of First Contact they were being asked to patrol the Neutral Zone to make sure the Romulans didn't take advantage of the Borg attack on Earth, so I would say they never met.

I didn't watch all of DS9 so I don't know if the both got involved in the whole Dominion thing.

Don't we have more important matters to be concerned with than Star Trek? Come on!

As it happens, I thought TNG was miscast. OK Data is perhaps the third best ST character ever after Kirk and Spock. Patrick Stewart played Picard well. However, Jonathan Frakes as his No. 2 had a wierd walk - a sort of loping gait with his head held to one side. I never got that.

Marina 'Green Lanes Harringay' Sirtas as Deanna Troi just got on my nerves. And that kid? No way is a spotted yoof going to be invited on an away team.

Voyager had near perfect casting (I just wish they had kept Data on). The stories were sometimes weak though. The one were they had to hide the empaths from a suave evil dude who swooned Janeway was a good story though.

Deep Space Nine? Enterprise? Pwah! Merde!

Best ever ST scene? Kirk's interracial kiss. Not before time.

Oh and how I miss 'Thunder Thighs' Uhuru. Seven of Nine? Tremendous dawg!

Me a Trekkie? No way dude! No way!

off-topic, I know, but I want a new Star Trek series that's set _after_ Voyager and DS-9. Enterprise was a bit of a let-down for me. (A couple of episodes in the last season were quite good, though.) Let's go to yet another century or something.

on-topic: I don't think the Romulans ever met the Borg on the series or the movies. But why would they be any different than all other futile life? ;)

Well, the Romulans had clocking technology right? Won't that have given them some advantage over the borg?

DS9's later seasons are underrated because people probably didn't bother watching anymore. But Avery "Hawk" Brooks finally got his beard back in those - and thusly didn't look like a softie in pyjamas anymore! It was actually quite watchable. I agree, though, Voyager was looking better (looks and casting).

There are _two_ Enterprise episodes that were more than just watchable: The "evil Earth" ones. If only for the changed opening...

Watch this first (the original season 1&2 opening): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48VNNFZQ7U
Then this one from the "mirror (darkly)" eps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsknV7DMG2M

Back