What did you name your iPod?

voice-

Registered
When you first plugged your iPod into your Mac you were prompted to choose a name for this FW disk...what did you type?

In my case, I called it Breath of Heaven

My first one was just called "D.M.'s iPod", but I'm going to name the new one (replacement) something cooler...

....maybe The Pod :)

I just called mine "simmy's iPod".

By the way, it's trivial to change the name, so giving the iPod your full name does not offer any advantage. All you have to do is mount it in FireWire drive mode (you have to activate this via iTunes), and then just rename the hard drive that mounts. There, you've changed the name.

He's saying so that someone would know whose iPod it was... but yeah, you're right that that actually would be easy to change... nevermind

If I could afford one, I'd name it Danny's iPod. I wonder how that would look.. hmm.. Anyone want to "lend" me theirs so I can try it out? :D

What a great idea... rent out your iPod for someone to see how the FW HARD DRIVE NAME looks :)

Sure, you can borrow my $400 MP3 player so you can see what "Danny's iPod" looks like written in Lucida Grande... even though just titling a folder that would work just as well... :)

hehe

Originally posted by dricci
If I could afford one, I'd name it Danny's iPod. I wonder how that would look.. hmm.. Anyone want to "lend" me theirs so I can try it out? :D

Ahha! Finally somebody who can't pay an iPod too..

senne.

Oh come on!

Surely you guys can work for 70 hours (assuming $6 minimum wage), and then you can pay for an iPod! ;)

MNah... i don't work, that's the problem. I get 120Euro from my parents every month, but with that i have to pay: my clothes, my party's, my drink in school, every god damn thing!!!

Ok, you could say when i buy no clothes, no drinks, don't go to party's for 4 months, then i've got my 10GB iPod.... But COME ON! Who does that?? 4 MONTHS without party's??

senne.

I named mine "Trinity". I love the number three, and my iPod is a symbol of what I love in life: music and movies.

All my internal and external drives have Planet names according to their size. My largest, a 500 GB internal is named Jupiter, as expected, and my smallest, a 30 GB iPod is named ... Pluto !!!

But this week, we all learned that Pluto wasn't a planet anymore !!!

Now, if I change it for a 60 GB Video iPod, I think I will be able to name it Mercury.

My God, how extraordinarily distressing our problems are getting on this side of the Planet !

BimBam

Back