What do you think about getting a Refurbished MBP?

One of my co-workers recently purchased a refurbished 12" G4 powerbook. It's all great. He is every bit as satisfied with his as 3 other co-workers are with their brand new mac computers.

I got my G5/DC2ghz from the Apple Refurb Store & am delighted with it. It was only meant to have a 160gb Hard Disk but it came with a 250gb instead. Apparantly this type of thing is fairly common, I've heard of Macs coming with MUCH more Ram installed than they thought they were getting. I saved £300 by buying from the refurb store..I would recommend it to anyone anytime..

Lt Major Burns said:
it has the same warranty as any other mac. if it goes wrong, they fix it.

I agree, and also if anything goes wrong with a new product and apple has to replace it, the new product is replaced with a refurb.

Do it!!

I'm now up to my second iBook and second iMac (not to mention Airport Express and two airport cards...oh, and an iPod Mini) via the refurb store.

Don't let the quantity alarm you. None of these items crapped out. I'm a frequent upgrader and buy for my wife and myself.

Back to the products, they are first rate and brand-new in every conceivable way from the consumer stand-point. Plus, full up warranty. The ONLY difference you will notice is generic packaging versus Apple's usual hyper-spiffy stuff you get retail. For 20-35% off, I can deal with that.

I don't know why anyone shops elsewhere.

Back